Become a Referring Agency
A client’s eligibility to visit the furniture bank begins with a referral from one of our partnering agencies on our referral form. We no longer accept referrals from agencies or organizations that have not entered into a signed agreement with The Mustard Seed of Central Florida as a legitimate referring agency.
If your organization would like to become a referring agent or agency, the following steps must be completed:
- To become a referring agency, the Referring Agency Agreement must be signed and submitted to our office for an organization to be considered eligible for referral purposes. This policy helps us better serve those who need our help. To receive this agreement, please email a request to email@example.com, or fax a request to (407) 875-3413 or give us a call at (407) 875-2040.
- A home visit is required by the referring organization. This is to establish precisely what the client’s needs are so that we may better serve them. The only exception is if a client is moving from a shelter or is an uninsured victim of disaster.
- It should be confirmed the client has all of the following:
- Legitimate need for our services (i.e. personal tragedy, natural disaster or other crisis situation)
- Steady source of income
- Permanent, stable place of habitation
- Social security cards or birth certificates for all children in the home
- Not received our services in the past (except if they’ve been struck by another natural disaster)
- Complete referral form and instruct client on procedures once they arrive at The Mustard Seed. Be sure they know to bring an ID, the client referral form, transportation, moving assistance and a $150.00 processing fee.
- Verify the client has their own source of transporting the furniture that is not an SUV or a van.
- Inform client we have items on a first-come, first-served basis. We do not hold items. We have these items available when they are donated to our facility: beds, dressers, dining tables, living room sets, dish sets, towels, bedding and household items.
- A client may only use our services once in a lifetime, unless they’ve been struck again by a natural disaster. Our services are for establishing and securing a better home atmosphere for those who have experienced a natural or real personal tragedy, an illness, homelessness or abuse. There are few exceptions to this rule so please verify your client has not visited us before.
We thank you for all of your efforts on behalf of your clients and are excited to move forward in this capacity with you. Please join us in broadening our serving abilities by unifying with us in these processes.
To receive a Client Referral Form ( PDF ), contact (407) 875-2040 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.